About Bove Fuels
G.A. Bove & Sons, Inc. has proudly served the northern capital region for over 80 years.
In the mid-1950's Tancredi & Bove became G. A. Bove as Mr. Tancredi was bought out.
During this time their delivery area was also expanding outside of Mechanicville into Stillwater, Schaghticoke, Halfmoon and Clifton Park, At this time Frank Bove took a major part in the company with a very hands on approach. In the late 1960's John Bove Joined his father and brother in the business and in 1971 the business became G.A. Bove & Sons, Inc.
As coal began to wane as a primary heat source and fuel oil, kerosene and propane gas became more in demand the business adapted by adding these fuels to their product line. G.A. Bove & Sons experienced tremendous growth in the 1970's and the 1980's by acquisitions, long hours and hard work- Frank and John believe in providing service to all of their customers any day, day or night.
This notion is still followed today, with 24 hour emergency service to provide help and assistance to all of G.A. Bove's customers. The fleet has grown to 9 propane delivery trucks and 12 fuel delivery trucks, along with 17 service vehicles. There are presently 55+ employees to better serve the customer. Frank and John's sons have also taken an active role in the business to make this a three-generation family affair.
G.A. Bove & Sons now serves Saratoga, Albany, Columbia, Fulton, Montgomery, Schoharie, Hamilton, Rensselaer, Schenectady, Warren and Washington counties. Despite their growing size they have still kept the sense of a neighborhood family business. So please let our family service your family and business!